Pictured above is the business district at Elma Center about 1913. From the left, Homer Hoyt's general store, Joseph Geyer's blacksmith shop and livery stable, Bill Beicke's saloon, Frank Slade's seed store and Peter Grader's saloon. On September 25, 1922 a fire gutted the entire block. A store, house, garage and restaurant were rebuilt on the site but everything except the store was destroyed during the fall of 1936.
Click here to View our Winter 2018 echos Newsletter
Email the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
Museum (716) 655-0046
ELMA TAKES FIRST PLACE AT THE ERIE COUNTY FAIR
The Elma Historical Society is proud to announce that we took FIRST PLACE for our display at the Erie County Fair. Thanks to all who helped us be NUMBER ONE!!!